Hip replacement surgery is a surgical procedure that involves removing the damaged or diseased parts of the hip, which is then replaced with a prosthetic (an artificial man-made element made up of plastic and metal) to improve the mobility of the hip joints and relieve the pain. Hip replacement in Delhi is advised to people with pain, stiffness, and inability of movements in their hip joints. Although, at first the doctors prescribe some medicines and exercises to relieve the pain, if nothing works, they are taken for the replacement surgery. The surgical process can improve the quality of life by enabling comfortable hip joint movements. Also, this is the best way to eradicate the osteoarthritis conditions in some cases. Regardless the reason behind, hip replacement surgery is a major surgical procedure, thus, it is best to consult the most trusted orthopedic surgeon in Delhi. Meanwhile, are you concerned about how to choose the best hip replacement surgeon in Delhi? Go through the below tips:
- Search within your area – It is best to search the orthopedic surgeon near your local area because you may be required to visit the doctor several times for the certain test and treatment pre and post-surgery.
- Check for the referrals – As it will going to be a major surgery that will change your life forever after, thus, it makes sense to check for the referrals before going for the hip replacement in Delhi. Referral, here, doesn’t mean a bulky phone book and huge advertisement hoarding of the surgeon; it means the success rate of the surgeries and the number of happy patients after the surgery.
- Degrees – This is most important part to notice. Check if the surgeon has achieved the specific degree and courses from a well-recognized medical college or university. Also, check for the training and internship certificates to evaluate that they have a deep knowledge in their fields.
- Cost – Ask for the quote of the hip replacement in Delhi in both the cases of insurance and non-insurance.
A joint in a body is something where the two bones are combined to execute the body movements such as writing, cycling, walking, climbing the stairs, running, sitting, etc. The human skeletal system consists of several bone joints including elbow, fingers, ankle, wrist, knee, and hips. If a person experiences discomfort while performing any of the movements, then he/she might be a candidate for Joint replacement in Delhi. Joint replacement is a surgical procedure where the damaged joints are removed and are replaced with man-made joints which are made up of metal and plastic.
The discomfort may happen for the reason that the patient is suffering from osteoarthritis, or feels exertion in moving the joints, or might be because the joints of the candidate got incapacitated. The failure rate of the joint replacement surgery is extremely rare; however, it depends on the post-surgery care by the patient. The damage in the joints can also disturb the blood flow in the joints which can injure that individual body part for the entire life. So, before it’s too late, it is recommended to consult the orthopedic doctor and get the best-suggested treatment as the surgery is not for the candidates having severe heart disease, certain kind of infection in a body, or recently got recovered from the other surgical process. Therefore, the orthopedic surgeon first vouches for some general prescribed drugs and exercises to diagnose the problem, and if nothing seems like to be functioning than the surgery is best recommended.
Before going for the Joint Replacement in Delhi:
- Discuss with your doctor – talk to your doctor about the pattern of joint pain and stiffness because every pain is not necessarily arthritis or may need a joint replacement.
- Get your records analyzed – let the doctor check and analyze the entire medical condition before proceeding for the Joint Replacement in Delhi.
- Get in shape – it is important to be in a peak shape before the surgery by following a healthy diet and quitting smoking and alcohol before 48 hours of the surgery.
Our musculoskeletal system consists of muscles, ligaments, tendons, cartilage, bones, joints, and bursae, and the system works with our nervous system to contract when stimulated with impulses from motor nerves. The human skeletal system is mainly made up of bones and cartilages.
Bursae are small fluid-filled at friction point to prevent ligaments and tendons from getting rubbed against bare bones. Arthritis is a common condition if the ligaments of the joints are damaged and it can become challenging to perform regular activities or movements with ease, as explained by the best Knee Surgeon in Delhi. Therefore, it becomes essentially important to keep the bones and ligaments strong as we get older. This can be easily achieved through minor lifestyle changes such as quitting smoking, getting more calcium and following a healthy, protein-filled diet to keep the bones healthy. Here the surgeon advised some tips to follow a healthy diet regime.
Intake calcium-rich food supplements – Receiving enough calcium is vital to keep the bones healthy and strong. The best way to validate that you are attaining enough calcium is to take a diet that embraces lots of calcium-rich foods. Such as:
- Low-fat dairy products like yogurt and milk
- Green leafy vegetables like Brussels sprouts, broccoli, spinach, and turnip greens
- Calcium fortified food like cereal, orange juice, soy beverages, bread, and tofu products.
Vitamin D rich food – The best Knee Surgeon in Delhi clarifies that only limited food supplements are rich source of Vitamin D, thus, it is easy to become deficient of Vitamin D. The rich sources of it are:
- Fatty fish like sardines and tuna
- Egg yolks
- Beef liver
- Fortified yogurt, milk, or soy products
Vitamin K – Vitamin K improves the bone density to lead an active and healthy lifestyle. It can also prevent the bones from the serious diseases like cancer and protecting the bones from getting fractured. The best knee Surgeon in Delhi also suggests limiting the sodium and increase potassium intake. Therefore, food supplements that are rich source of Vitamin K include:
- Leafy greens
The hardest things about the joint problems are the proper diagnosis of the condition. People usually spend several months and years suffering from chronic pain and thinking about finding the right treatment that will prove the best to cure the problem. It is very painful and frustrating condition for people to live with joint pain. Joint Replacement Surgery in Gurgaon offers great relief to the people so that they can manage their condition and live a normal life as they want.
Besides having this surgery there are certain points that should always be followed to reduce the chances of joint problems –
- It is not good to rest too much. To reduce the chances of arthritis it is important to keep the muscles working.
- Maintaining a healthy diet is also a good option. Good diet keeps you healthy and will keep body weight balanced which in turn does not put any strain on joints.
- Taking plenty of sleep is important to relieve muscles and joint pain.
- Never ignore the unexplainable pain or aches occurring in your body. It’s always worth checking them at the right time.
Taking a surgery is not easy process. It requires various preparations to be made. This type of surgery is very helpful in making life easier for long run. With the advancement in technology the surgical procedure is made very easy and more efficient as compared to early times. Following some basic tips ensures that the surgical procedure will be successful.
Know what you are getting into?
Have an in-depth conversation with your doctor before you undergo this surgery. This will provide you with better understanding about the process and will not make your nervous during the procedure.
Prepare your body well
Prepare your body accordingly for the changes that will occur after the surgery. Few weeks for physical therapy and bed rest will be must after the surgery.
Joint Replacement Surgery in Gurgaon is a major change that brings about modification in various aspects of our lifestyle. Better understanding about what changes are going to happen will surely provide you with positive outcomes.
In general, it is assumed that the severe knee pain occurs after the age of 50 years, but with the changing eating habits and the unhealthy lifestyle, it is seen in the people even below the age of 50 years. The knee pain is so stiff that a person suffering from it is unable to move the legs. Knee Replacement in Delhi goes through a surgical procedure which diagnoses the damage and relieves the patient from the severe pain during the movements of the leg. The implant is performed through an orthopedic metal and plastic component molded as a knee joint to cure the movement disability.
When do you need to undergo Knee Replacement in Delhi?
There can be various symptoms varying among the patients for undergoing the knee replacement procedure. The surgeon takes into account some of the symptoms as follow:
Severe knee pain- Is the patient unable to climb the stairs? Unable to perform even the minimum knee movement? Or suffers a severe pain during every single movement? If the answer is yes, then the patient seriously needs to visit a nearby doctor and take the recommended treatment.
Moderate but continuous knee pain- Does the patient suffers pain only while sleeping and is able to perform the day activities? It may be due to that the muscles which are active for knee movements, gets freeze or inactive when you takes a rest or go for a sleep.
Knee swelling- Maybe the swelling can be caused if the patient got collapsed with something, but when the knee swelling remains even after taking the proper medications, you may be suggested for a knee replacement as the swelling can be due to damaged tissues or muscles which may need the knees to be replaced.
Depression- Fighting to your own inner soul is a big challenge. The patient may get into depression as he is not being able to perform the routine and social activities since so long. Thus, a knee replacement in Delhi can help to get rid of the depressing factors and bring the confidence of a patient back to actively participate in day-to-day activities.