Knees are one of the largest and most complex joints in our body. Being the largest joint it is one of the most vulnerable bones. Due to the continuous pressure of our body, twisting and turning, many people face knee pain with growing age. Heavy weight lifting, weak muscles and joints, poor flexibility are common reasons behind knee pain. Persistent problem should never be ignored and requires treatment from best knee surgeon in Delhi. Initial sign of knee problem is cute pain, swelling and certain amount of stiffness. Ignoring these signs can result in great problem in future. However, following some easy tips can be helpful to get rid of pain before you develop any chronic problem.
- Regular exercise – Regular exercising is very beneficial in this case. Most of the pain is due to inactivity and lack of movement. To minimize your pain make sure to exercise daily even if the pain is severe.
- Muscle stretching – Effective muscle stretching is also a great way to reduce pain in knees. These stretches aids in developing flexibility that reduces the chance of developing the pain again.
- Wearing comfortable shoes – We are not much aware about the fact that wearing uncomfortable shoes is also a root of many problems. Avoid wearing heels and unfit footwear. It is always advisable to wear shoes that are comfortable and make walking easy.
- Weight reduction – More the weight of your body more is the pressure on your knees. Try reducing the weight of your body in order to reduce the impact on knees and to minimize pain.
- Work for proper posture – Bad posture results in muscles fatigue and causes strain on joints. In order to avoid the problem always think about maintaining a proper posture while standing and sitting.
Problems with joints have become a common problem. A lot many treatments are now available. Following simple tips and doing a little bit for us will always prove beneficial. Getting help from best knee surgeon in Delhi provides you with number of ways that will help you to deal better with the conditions.
How your knee joints action when you walk, run, jump, or jog? Do the joints comfortably straightens and bends or does it cause pain or stiffness while performing these routine activities? If a person has difficulty in moving the joints, then the person should visit a good orthopedic in Delhi who can treat and diagnose to eliminate the pain and knee stiffness while performing the routine activities. If the problem cannot be diagnosed by just the medications and so many physiotherapy sessions, then the doctors may recommend for a knee replacement in Delhi because to live with pain for whole life can be frustrating for the patient. And also, will book the lifetime expenses of taking medications and physiotherapy sessions. Thus, knee replacement surgery will be the permanent solution all for once to get relieved from the pain and medication expenses.
Causes of knee pain:
Arthritis is the most common cause because of which most of the knee replacement in Delhi is performed. There are several types of arthritis but among those the most common are – osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, and post-traumatic arthritis
Osteoarthritis – osteoarthritis is commonly diagnosed for the patient above the age of 50 years or more. But, in some cases, this is treated in the people at the young age. It occurs when the cartilage, that covers the bones of the knee, gets soften and damaged due to which the bones are then rubbed against each other causing knee pain and stiffness.
Rheumatoid arthritis – this type of arthritis problems occur when the synovial membrane, surrounding the bones, gets thickened and inflamed. The severe inflammation damages the cartilage causing pain, stiffness, and cartilage loss. Because of its most common form of group disorder, it is also known as inflammatory arthritis.
Post-traumatic arthritis – this is majorly caused by the serious knee injury. The fractures caused due to the injury, tears down the bones surrounding the knee or knee ligaments, damage the articular cartilage over the passing period and soon cause a knee pain that limits the knee function. Therefore, doctors recommend a knee replacement in Delhi after a serious knee injury.
A joint is a point where the ends of two or more different bones meet. The human body consists of a number of joints such as a knee, hip, shoulder, fingers, elbow, wrist, ankle, and neck. The knee joint is also termed as the “hinge joint” because they bring the ability to move, bend, and straightening the thighs and legs. Whereas, the hip and shoulders joints are called as “ball and socket joints” as the curved end of the bone fits perfectly into a cup-shaped area of the second bone. Doctors may recommend undergoing the joint replacement in Delhi that is a surgical procedure to remove or replace the arthritic or damaged joint with an artificial plastic, metal, or ceramic joint called as the prosthesis. The new artificial joints allow a person to move with little or no pain. These joints also benefit the patient as:
- It reduces joint pain
- Restores the motion of the joints
- Improves overall movements
- Improve the look and alignment of the joints
How do the joint problems start?
The smooth surface of the bones is made up of an element called articular cartilage that is responsible for letting one bone gliding against another smoothly. Joints are lubricated with a thin layer of synovial fluid that acts as a grease to keep the joints moving easily. With the mounting age, the articular cartilage gets damaged or the joint fluid becomes unusual, which allows joint problems to develop. With the passing time, the problem becomes stiff and painful, if not diagnosed or treated at the right time. If the condition gets serious and cannot be treated with the medication and therapies, then the doctors would recommend the joint replacement in Delhi to get back in action.
Complications of joint replacement in Delhi:
Before undergoing the surgical procedure, your doctor will let you know about the complete details of the complication including those during the surgery itself and those that can happen post-surgery over time. Some of the common complications that are seen after the surgery include blood clots, infection, prosthesis (loosening or dislocation), or nerve injury.
One of the most common problems includes stiffness, pain, and swelling in the knee joints that can occur at any age. Generally, people believe that the knee problems are common after the age of 45 years. The knee is a joint of the body where the thighs meet the bones of the lower leg that works as hinges for the body’s movement. The knee joints provide stability and strength to the body weight which is vital to perform the routine activities such as walking, jogging and running, bending, jumping, and spinning. If a person fails or feels uncomfortable to perform such regular activities, then the doctors may recommend a knee replacement in Delhi if the problem cannot be cured with several physiotherapies and medications. Bones, cartilage, muscles, ligaments, and tendons work combinely for the knee movements and if there is any problem with any of these parts, then the patient may feel difficulty in moving the knee joints.
Bones and cartilage – the joint of a knee is a set of three bones, that is,
- The femur, thigh bone or upper leg bone.
- The tibia, shin bone or larger bone of the lower leg.
- The patella, also known as kneecap. The knee cap is 3-4 inches long and 2-3 inches wide and covers the other bones of knee joints. The patella is slides during the knee movements. Also, it is sensitive and get injured or damaged, and is mostly replaced during the knee replacement in Delhi.
Muscles – The knee, basically, moves on the two muscle groups.
- Four quadriceps muscles that are bring the leg back into the straight position from a bent position.
- The hamstring muscles from the hips to exactly below the knee helps to bend the knees.
Tendons and ligaments – The quadriceps muscle is connected to the patella through the quadriceps tendon that allows straightening the knee. During the knee replacement in Delhi, the medical collateral ligament, lateral collateral ligament, anterior cruciate ligament, and the posterior cruciate ligament is connected to the femur and tibia to give strength and stability to the knee joints.
Orthopaedics is a medical field that diagnosis the injuries and diseases relating to the body’s musculoskeletal system. The musculoskeletal system is made up of bones, ligaments, joint, muscles, and nerves that jointly allow a person to move, walk, run, and perform the routine activities. An Orthopaedic in Gurgaon is educated and trained in the field of medical to diagnose, perform pre and post operations, surgery, prevent, rehabilitate the disease and provide the best suitable treatment for the injuries and diseases related to the musculoskeletal system. The conditions may include:
- Bone tumors,
- Cerebral palsy
- Club foot, knock knees, bunions, bowlegs, hammertoes
- Fractures, strains, and sprains
- Ligament, muscle, and tendon damage
- Spine disorders such as scoliosis, sciatica, and ruptured disc
- Back pain
- Sports injury
- Stiff neck and back muscles
The Orthopaedic in Gurgaon plays a role of health care providers to the patients and also serve the consultancy tips to other physicians as well. The surgeons are often involved in conducting research in the medical field of orthopaedic depending on the knowledge and experience of a surgeon. The surgeons may choose to emphasize on specified field of medical practice such as trauma, pediatrics, oncology (diagnosing bone tumors), surgeries, and sports medicine. Patient from any age may require visiting the orthopaedic surgeon for a range of conditions from ligament and joint disorders to fractures in the body.
Education and training:
Just like other medical fields, orthopaedic surgeons also need to undergo the complex and tough education and training programs to learn diagnosing the disease, and providing surgical and non-surgical treatments for the injuries and diseases relating to the musculoskeletal system. To become an expert orthopaedic surgeon, is not something that could be achieved in a day or night, but requires following long term education learning system
- Studying in a college or university for 4 years,
- Studying in a medical school again for 4 years,
- Then performing a concentrated study of orthopaedic at a major medical center for 5 years,
- One more year for specialty training.
After the completion of the learning and training programs, a surgeon is provided a board certification to become a board certified orthopaedic in Gurgaon. But, to attain the document from the board, a surgeon needs to go through the peer-review practice and prove the expertized in the field by passing the oral and written examination tests conducted by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery. The board certified surgeons are more knowledgeable, experienced, and are expert in dealing with the problems relating to the body’s musculoskeletal system. The certificate needs to be renewed in every 10 years and that is why the surgeons spend long hours for studying to enhance the knowledge and skills with the latest orthopedic treatments and medicines.
A knee joint consists of bone, cartilage, ligaments and fluid. The knee is among the largest and most complex joints within the body. The knee joins the two bones that are thigh bone (known as the femur) to the shinbone (known as tibia). Flawless knee movement is essential for performing routine activities such as walking, standing, sitting, and running. The forming surface of each knee joint is covered in a thin layer of hyaline cartilage giving them extreme smooth surface and safeguards the underlying bone from getting damage. There is an eight-shaped layer of fibrocartilage that is tough and elastic between the femur and tibia knew as the meniscus. The meniscus performs as a shock absorber inside the knee to avoid the crash of the leg bones during energetic activities such as running and jumping. Therefore, if the knee joint fails to perform their functions, doctors recommend a knee replacement in Delhi to get back performing the routine tasks unaffectedly.
When does the knee replacement in Delhi is recommended?
It is assumed that a knee surgery is mostly recommended for the old people, though anyone can be a candidate who needs to undergo the knee replacement in Delhi. Thus, the gender, age, or weight of a person can never be considering factor for the knee replacement. There can be a number of symptoms which indicate that a person needs to get his damaged knees replaced.
- Severe pain or stiffness in the knee. Does the person experience a pain or stiffness while performing his daily routine tasks or activities such as climbing the stairs, walking, getting in and out of the car, standing, or getting up from the chair? Then this is a really a time to consult the knee surgeon.
- Moderate but continuous pain. If the patient feels the pains only at specific time say while sleeping or resting.
- Chronic knee inflammation and swelling. If the problem of inflammation and swelling doesn’t get rid off even after a lot of medications and long-term physical therapies, then the condition is really alarming that the patient may need a knee replacement.
Orthopaedics is the medical specialty in which the doctor deals with the injuries and diseases related to bones, ligaments, joints, tendons, muscles, and nerves allowing a person to move and perform their daily activities. Orthopaedic in Gurgaon are devoted to caring for the patients of all age from a newborn to young athlete and older people suffering from arthritis. The surgeons are trained in diagnosing the injuries and diseases of musculoskeletal system through surgical and non-surgical treatments. A non-surgical method of the treatment includes exercises, medications, and other alternative therapies to cure the injury or disease. Whereas the surgical treatment includes the surgeries including:
- Fusion- the surgery is used to heal a single solid bone through a welding process in which the bones are fused together with bone grafts and metal rods.
- Arthroscopy- the process is used to examine the issue inside a joint through specialized cameras and equipment.
- Internal fixation-when a bone is broken due to some serious collision or injury, a surgery is performed to hold the broken pieces of the bone in position with the help of metal plates, pins, and screws.
- Osteotomy- this is performed to correct the deformity of the bone by cutting or repositioning the bone.
- Soft tissue repair- Orthopaedic in Gurgaon mends the soft tissues of the bone such as tendons or ligaments.
- Joint replacement- when the other surgeries and medication don’t work to cure the damage, the joints is replaced with an artificial joint called as the prosthesis.
When do you need to consult an Orthopaedic in Gurgaon?
Our human body is a framework of the skeleton system consisting of 206 bones and around 400 joints. Our body moves and works because the musculoskeletal system is performing properly. Even if the single bone is damaged, our body will suffer pain.
So let’s check when we really need to consult an Orthopaedic surgeon:
- Difficulty in performing daily activities such as climbing the stairs
- Unusual pain in muscles, tendons, or joints
- Swelling around the joints
- Inability to move the body part in full motion such as difficulty in turning the neck left or right.
- Heat, inflammation, or redness in the joint areas.