A knee joint consists of bone, cartilage, ligaments and fluid. The knee is among the largest and most complex joints within the body. The knee joins the two bones that are thigh bone (known as the femur) to the shinbone (known as tibia). Flawless knee movement is essential for performing routine activities such as walking, standing, sitting, and running. The forming surface of each knee joint is covered in a thin layer of hyaline cartilage giving them extreme smooth surface and safeguards the underlying bone from getting damage. There is an eight-shaped layer of fibrocartilage that is tough and elastic between the femur and tibia knew as the meniscus. The meniscus performs as a shock absorber inside the knee to avoid the crash of the leg bones during energetic activities such as running and jumping. Therefore, if the knee joint fails to perform their functions, doctors recommend a knee replacement in Delhi to get back performing the routine tasks unaffectedly.
When does the knee replacement in Delhi is recommended?
It is assumed that a knee surgery is mostly recommended for the old people, though anyone can be a candidate who needs to undergo the knee replacement in Delhi. Thus, the gender, age, or weight of a person can never be considering factor for the knee replacement. There can be a number of symptoms which indicate that a person needs to get his damaged knees replaced.
- Severe pain or stiffness in the knee. Does the person experience a pain or stiffness while performing his daily routine tasks or activities such as climbing the stairs, walking, getting in and out of the car, standing, or getting up from the chair? Then this is a really a time to consult the knee surgeon.
- Moderate but continuous pain. If the patient feels the pains only at specific time say while sleeping or resting.
- Chronic knee inflammation and swelling. If the problem of inflammation and swelling doesn’t get rid off even after a lot of medications and long-term physical therapies, then the condition is really alarming that the patient may need a knee replacement.
Orthopaedics is the medical specialty in which the doctor deals with the injuries and diseases related to bones, ligaments, joints, tendons, muscles, and nerves allowing a person to move and perform their daily activities. Orthopaedic in Gurgaon are devoted to caring for the patients of all age from a newborn to young athlete and older people suffering from arthritis. The surgeons are trained in diagnosing the injuries and diseases of musculoskeletal system through surgical and non-surgical treatments. A non-surgical method of the treatment includes exercises, medications, and other alternative therapies to cure the injury or disease. Whereas the surgical treatment includes the surgeries including:
- Fusion- the surgery is used to heal a single solid bone through a welding process in which the bones are fused together with bone grafts and metal rods.
- Arthroscopy- the process is used to examine the issue inside a joint through specialized cameras and equipment.
- Internal fixation-when a bone is broken due to some serious collision or injury, a surgery is performed to hold the broken pieces of the bone in position with the help of metal plates, pins, and screws.
- Osteotomy- this is performed to correct the deformity of the bone by cutting or repositioning the bone.
- Soft tissue repair- Orthopaedic in Gurgaon mends the soft tissues of the bone such as tendons or ligaments.
- Joint replacement- when the other surgeries and medication don’t work to cure the damage, the joints is replaced with an artificial joint called as the prosthesis.
When do you need to consult an Orthopaedic in Gurgaon?
Our human body is a framework of the skeleton system consisting of 206 bones and around 400 joints. Our body moves and works because the musculoskeletal system is performing properly. Even if the single bone is damaged, our body will suffer pain.
So let’s check when we really need to consult an Orthopaedic surgeon:
- Difficulty in performing daily activities such as climbing the stairs
- Unusual pain in muscles, tendons, or joints
- Swelling around the joints
- Inability to move the body part in full motion such as difficulty in turning the neck left or right.
- Heat, inflammation, or redness in the joint areas.
In general, it is assumed that the severe knee pain occurs after the age of 50 years, but with the changing eating habits and the unhealthy lifestyle, it is seen in the people even below the age of 50 years. The knee pain is so stiff that a person suffering from it is unable to move the legs. Knee Replacement in Delhi goes through a surgical procedure which diagnoses the damage and relieves the patient from the severe pain during the movements of the leg. The implant is performed through an orthopedic metal and plastic component molded as a knee joint to cure the movement disability.
When do you need to undergo Knee Replacement in Delhi?
There can be various symptoms varying among the patients for undergoing the knee replacement procedure. The surgeon takes into account some of the symptoms as follow:
Severe knee pain- Is the patient unable to climb the stairs? Unable to perform even the minimum knee movement? Or suffers a severe pain during every single movement? If the answer is yes, then the patient seriously needs to visit a nearby doctor and take the recommended treatment.
Moderate but continuous knee pain- Does the patient suffers pain only while sleeping and is able to perform the day activities? It may be due to that the muscles which are active for knee movements, gets freeze or inactive when you takes a rest or go for a sleep.
Knee swelling- Maybe the swelling can be caused if the patient got collapsed with something, but when the knee swelling remains even after taking the proper medications, you may be suggested for a knee replacement as the swelling can be due to damaged tissues or muscles which may need the knees to be replaced.
Depression- Fighting to your own inner soul is a big challenge. The patient may get into depression as he is not being able to perform the routine and social activities since so long. Thus, a knee replacement in Delhi can help to get rid of the depressing factors and bring the confidence of a patient back to actively participate in day-to-day activities.